Sign in to follow this  
Reminisce

[Up Coming] Client Crash Fixes

The Issue:

There has been a lingering issue that has been going around for a while with our client where the client will suddenly crash out of no where for some users and when asking for help we have just directed you guys to the forums to find the several guides that different users have posted in the past. These guides that users have made have helped some users but weren't an end all be all solution as they didn't work for all users. Throughout time I have released several different patches in an effort to resolve this issue and although the crashes have been reduced/have been fixed for a majority of users it did not resolve the issue for all users. As such, I have been working hard at resolving the issue these past few weeks by taking a deep look at our client and API in an effort to finding out what's been causing these issues.

Our Explanation:

Although it may have seemed that we have been neglecting this issue for a while, this is actually very far from the truth. Since the rise of this issue we have constantly been rolling out minor patches inside of the client in an effort to fix this issue. With the upcoming release of very big servers we have been wanting to make this issue a thing of the past so you all can enjoy your botting experience without this hassle. As such, I have taken time out of working towards supporting Old-school PS to work on this issue and make sure it is solved for good.

Our Solution:

To resolve this issue, without getting into too many details, I have devised a three step solution to solve this issue. To further explain, 3 different patches will be released, each edging towards the solution of this issue.

• Phase Alpha:
    • This phase will include a patch to the client which will introduce a few data collection logs in the back-end of our client to help us figure out what is happening with the client.
    • The client will ONLY be logging the following: (No sensitive information will be logged)
      • Memory usage and allocation
      • Script runtime
      • Information regarding the script that is being used
      • Error collection upon a client crash
    • This phase will also include a small patch to possibly fix crashing
  • Phase Indigo:
    • This patch will introduce a new change to our scripting back-end system to reduce memory usage and reduce CPU usage
    • This patch will also introduce changes to our mouse clicking system and include several improvements to the bots click accuracy
    • This patch will also include changes to how we calculate click boxes to reduce cpu usage
    • This patch will also include changes on how we load scripts to reduce memory usage and changes on how we store data during runtime to help with memory utilization
  • Phase Omega:
    • Information on this phase will be announced after the completion of phases alpha and indigo. I have a lot of things in store for this phase but to keep it short:
      • Rewrite of the whole SimpleBot Framework and API
        • This rewrite will keep the functionality of all of our scripts and systems.

Conclusion:

We aren't hiding from this issue and we are fully embracing the fact that this issue is a thing and that it does indeed exist, but we are using this opportunity to let everyone know about the issue and to tell everyone what we have in store for this issue and our plans going forward to fix it. We hope that this will allow us to come out on top and ask for your patience. I am not only working on supporting and maintaining our servers but also fixing pre exisiting issues, it isn't as simple as click of a button or a change of 1 line of code. If that was the case, this would have never been a thing.

Thanks for reading this and I hope this clears some things up for you guys. Happy Botting!

Love,

Reminisce ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Wonderfully addressed and anwsers all questions regarding the client freezes. 

Am really looking forward to more functions, faster interaction and better scripts times.

Thanks for this update remi. 

• Like 1

Thank you for clarifying this up Rem! Hopefully crashes will be put in the past soon :).

Happy botting guys.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the hard work Rem! 

Can't wait for the new client :D

• Like 1

For any request / issues please add my discord: 

Loreen#4582

Really appreciate the clarity man, good stuff.

• Like 1

🎮  Script Tester - Frontend Developer 🛠️